Today at our monthly Sacramento Association of Realtors meeting, we had the honor to listen to Mayor Steinberg talk about Sacramento’s future as a growing city. He was engaging, informative, funny, and invested in making Sacramento not just a government town, but also a destination city.
Some of his immediate items to address as a newly-elected mayor were:
- Working on our city’s image and transforming Sacramento into a more sophisticated and more visited city. A few ways to attract more visitors would be through the Kings Arena, a world class Science Museum and Exploratorium, an Aquarium, increasing the visibility of arts, opening up the water promenade, and connecting West Sacramento to Sacramento.
- Working on providing more shelters and programs for the homeless.
- Passing an immediate law regarding teenagers who will be paid for their summer work (just for a certain amount of hours). They will also be employed and paid for two months in their line of work right after college and paid. This will create a more robust work force and will help young people compete fairly in an already competitive market.
- Encouraging and expanding the housing market with a variety of newly-built projects, such as the L St. lofts, I St. studio, as well as other ones that are being marketed and that I can help you show and purchase.
- Creation of more jobs.
- Keeping the real estate market affordable by increasing the supply through building new homes and condos.
To sum things up, Darrell Steinberg’s speech and presentation emphasized the need to increase Sacramento’s positive image, as well as continue to have a robust real estate market while keeping things affordable in our growing city.
For more info on running and real estate, whether buying or selling, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 916-342-2446. Running for real estate with joy!